Belonging Ben - Teamwork
Belonging Ben is the second of the stories from Powerful You (grades 2-adult).
Ben helps children use leadership and teamwork skills to work effectively in diverse teams (Social Skills Standard 8) . He also encourages a sense of belonging in the school environment (Mindset 3) ASCA Mindset and Behavior Standards:
How can you contribute to your family? Did you know animals teach humans about teamwork?
The cattle egret eats parasites off the cow, while the cow stirs up insects from the ground for the egret. Communication builds stronger relationship.
While flying in a V form, the Canadian geese will step in for the leader when they are sick. Usually the last one of the line comes to the front. Team players are always ready to assist the leader if needed.
The honeybees live in a hive of 60,000 bees and each bee has a specific job. Everyone must know their job.
Wolves howl together to create social bonds. Encouraging classmates to get to know each other will form a strong team.
The elder orca coaches and encourages young whales to hunt. Trying new things will enhance learning.
Discover more about animals and team-building tips at Museum Hack here.
Ben will show you the importance of teamwork and cooperation.
How to Use Powerful You Intermediate (Grade 2 - Adult)
So how do you use Powerful You (grade 2 - adults) in the classroom or at home? Here are 8 steps to integrate each of the 26 social skill lessons in 20 to 25 minutes per week. Are you ready?
2. Read the true short story from the 8.5 x 11 Powerful You Educator Cards and watch connection radiate in your class.
3. Stand tall and practice positive self-talk.
5. Display the Classroom Social Skills Sign. Leave a classroom footprint of emotional wellness.
6. Use the Powerful You Book for positive quotes and additional activities that correspond to each A-Z lesson. Add your ideas to this resource book. You are more powerful than you know!
7. Purchase The Powerful You Educator Kit . (Includes all resources for grades 3 and up)
8. See more resources below.
Have your class form a large circle. Teach them Supported Tree Pose from Powerful You (See Belonging Ben). Once in tree pose have students clasp hands to stay balanced. Place this ENERGY STICK between two students clasped hands. Watch it light up when everyone is supporting each other. Oh, and remember to BREATHE deep while in tree pose!!
Great book for boys and girls on adjusting and teamwork. Also introduces children into a great series.
A Teamwork story!
A beautiful story about community building and looking forward to your dreams.
Playing on a volleyball team requires teamwork.