Kind Karen - Kindness
Kind Karen is the eleventh of the stories from Powerful You (grades 2-adult). Karen helps children understand empathy and positive relationships with others (ASCA Behavior - Social Skills Standards 2, 3, 4). Anna also fosters development of whole self, including a healthy balance of mental, social/emotional and physical well-being (ASCA Mindset 1).
Powerful You Intermediate Instructions
20-25 minutes per week for each of the 26 social skills lessons
2. Read the true short story from the 8.5 x 11 Powerful You Educator Cards and watch connection radiate in your class.
3. Stand tall and practice positive self-talk.
5. Display the Classroom Social Skills Sign. Leave a classroom footprint of emotional wellness.
6. Use the Powerful You Book for positive quotes and additional activities that correspond to each A-Z lesson. Add your ideas to this resource book. You are more powerful than you know!
7. Purchase The Powerful You Educator Kit . (Includes all resources for grades 3 and up)
8. See more resources below.
Whatever you say, whatever you do, sooner or later comes back to you. Read this book and understand the importance of being kind! Great for Halloween!
A chain reaction of kindness spreads throughout a town after Brian hugs and kisses his mother one morning. How can you spread kindness in your town?