Mannerly Mike - Manners
Mannerly Mike is the thirteenth of the stories from Powerful You (grades 2-adult). Mike helps children demonstrate the ability to balance school, home andcommunity activities (ASCA Behavior - Self-Management Skill Standard 8). Mike also fosters a positive attitude toward work and learning (ASCA Mindset 6).
“Maturity doesn’t mean age; it means sensitivity, manners, and how you react.” Anonymous
“A man’s manners are a mirror in which he shows his portrait.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
“There are some things that money can’t buy, like manners, morals, and integrity.” Anonymous
“Good manners are just a way of showing other people that we have respect for them.” Bill Kelly
“Never respond to rudeness. When people are rude to you, they reveal who they are, not who you are. Don’t take it personally be silent.” Anonymous
“Good manners reflect something from inside – an innate sense of consideration for others and respect for self.” Emily Post
“Be polite, say hello, offer to help, hold the door, smile, pay a compliment, use please and thank you.” Anonymous
“The test of good manners is to be able to put up pleasantly with bad ones.” Wendell Willkie
“Good manners and kindness are always in fashion.” Anonymous
“Manners are a sensitive awareness of the feelings of others. If you have that awareness, you have good manners, no matter what fork you use.” Anonymous
Video: Mannerly Mike’s video on manners
Powerful You Instructions
20-25 minutes per week for each of the 26 social skills lessons
2. Read the true short story from the 8.5 x 11 Powerful You Educator Cards and watch connection radiate in your class.
3. Stand tall and practice positive self-talk.
5. Display the Classroom Social Skills Sign. Leave a classroom footprint of emotional wellness.
6. Use the Powerful You Book for positive quotes and additional activities that correspond to each A-Z lesson. Add your ideas to this resource book. You are more powerful than you know!
7. Purchase The Powerful You Educator Kit . (Includes all resources for grades 3 and up)