Noticing Naima - Anxiety
Noticing Namia is the fourteenth of the stories from Powerful You (grades 2-adult). Naima helps encourages the use of effective coping skills when faced with a problem (ASCA Behavior - Self-Management Skill Standard 7). Anna also fosters a positive attitude toward work and learning (ASCA Mindset 6).
"Finish Each Day and Be Done With It." Ralph Waldo Emerson
“You are braver that you believe and stronger that you seem, and smarter than you think.” Christopher Robin
“Today I will not stress over things I can not control.”
Video: Noticing Naima’s video on Anxiety
Powerful You Instructions
20-25 minutes per week for each of the 26 social skills lessons
2. Read the true short story from the 8.5 x 11 Powerful You Educator Cards and watch connection radiate in your class.
3. Stand tall and practice positive self-talk.
5. Display the Classroom Social Skills Sign. Leave a classroom footprint of emotional wellness.
6. Use the Powerful You Book for positive quotes and additional activities that correspond to each A-Z lesson. Add your ideas to this resource book. You are more powerful than you know!
7. Purchase The Powerful You Educator Kit . (Includes all resources for grades 3 and up)