Noticing Naima - Anxiety
Noticing Namia is the fourteenth of the stories from Powerful You (grades 2-adult). Naima helps encourages the use of effective coping skills when faced with a problem (ASCA Behavior - Self-Management Skill Standard 7). Anna also fosters a positive attitude toward work and learning (ASCA Mindset 6).
Powerful You Intermediate Instructions
20-25 minutes per week for each of the 26 social skills lessons
2. Read the true short story from the 8.5 x 11 Powerful You Educator Cards and watch connection radiate in your class.
3. Stand tall and practice positive self-talk.
5. Display the Classroom Social Skills Sign. Leave a classroom footprint of emotional wellness.
6. Use the Powerful You Book for positive quotes and additional activities that correspond to each A-Z lesson. Add your ideas to this resource book. You are more powerful than you know!
7. Purchase The Powerful You Educator Kit . (Includes all resources for grades 3 and up)
8. See more resources below.
Sing along with this catchy song when you worry! It might just make you smile.
Click here to know what to say if someone is struggling with anxiety.
Kimochis encourage children to open up about their feelings.