Optimistic Oreda - Positive Thinking
Optimistic Oreda is the fifteenth of the stories from Powerful You (grades 2-adult). Oreda helps children manage effective coping skills when faced with a problems (ASCA Behavior - Self-Management Skill Standard 7). Anna also fosters a positive attitude toward work and learning (ASCA Mindset 6).
Powerful You Intermediate Instructions
20-25 minutes per week for each of the 26 social skills lessons
2. Read the true short story from the 8.5 x 11 Powerful You Educator Cards and watch connection radiate in your class.
3. Stand tall and practice positive self-talk.
5. Display the Classroom Social Skills Sign. Leave a classroom footprint of emotional wellness.
6. Use the Powerful You Book for positive quotes and additional activities that correspond to each A-Z lesson. Add your ideas to this resource book. You are more powerful than you know!
7. Purchase The Powerful You Educator Kit . (Includes all resources for grades 3 and up)
8. See more resources below.
Oreda's favorite book about having a great attitude and taking life lightly!
Oreda knows that challenges can create a positive change!
Excellent Reading Counts book for independent reading (4th grade level).