Pausing Pablo - Anger
Pausing Pablo is the seventeenth of the stories from Powerful You (grades 2-adult). Pablo helps children manage strong emotions and encourages personal safety skills (ASCA Behavior - Self-Management Skill Standard 9). Anna also fosters the development of whole self, including a healthy balance of mental, social/emotional and physical well-being (ASCA Mindset 1).
Powerful You Intermediate Instructions
20-25 minutes per week for each of the 26 social skills lessons
2. Read the true short story from the 8.5 x 11 Powerful You Educator Cards and watch connection radiate in your class.
3. Stand tall and practice positive self-talk.
5. Display the Classroom Social Skills Sign. Leave a classroom footprint of emotional wellness.
6. Use the Powerful You Book for positive quotes and additional activities that correspond to each A-Z lesson. Add your ideas to this resource book. You are more powerful than you know!
7. Purchase The Powerful You Educator Kit . (Includes all resources for grades 3 and up)
8. See more resources below.
Pablo knows when he needs to take a time out or when he is about to "flip his lid". Watch the video below to understand your brain.
Breathe and Stretch Exercised to teach children to PAUSE when they are frustrated.
Pablo would often escape to Australia whenever he needed to recoup, think over something, or cope with feelings of frustration.
Belly Breathing to calm the anger!
Rabbi and Psychiatrist, Dr Abraham Twerski, speaks about the three phases of anger. The feeling of anger when you are provoked, your reaction to this feeling, and then how long you hold onto this anger.