Valuing Van - Goal Setting
Valuing Van is the twenty-second of the stories from Powerful You (grades 2-adult). Anna helps children Identify long- and short-term academic, career and social/emotional goal (ASCA Behavior - Learning Strategy Standard 7). Val also helps students Understand that postsecondary education and life-long learning are necessary for long-term career success (ASCA Mindset 4).
Powerful You Intermediate Instructions
20-25 minutes per week for each of the 26 social skills lessons
2. Read the true short story from the 8.5 x 11 Powerful You Educator Cards and watch connection radiate in your class.
3. Stand tall and practice positive self-talk.
5. Display the Classroom Social Skills Sign. Leave a classroom footprint of emotional wellness.
6. Use the Powerful You Book for positive quotes and additional activities that correspond to each A-Z lesson. Add your ideas to this resource book. You are more powerful than you know!
7. Purchase The Powerful You Educator Kit . (Includes all resources for grades 3 and up)
8. See more resources below.
What goals do you have for your future? Is it being a great friend, getting straight A's, being a doctor, or maybe even being a famous soccer player? Whatever your goals may be, The North Star will remind you that obstacles may pop up along the way. Sometimes the path to your goal may be hard to follow but don't give up! There are plenty of ways to get back on the path to success.
Click here for a fun jeopardy career game. Read from the bottom up.
AN INCREDIBLE STORY OF NICK VUJICIC ON NEVER GIVING UP!!
Van challenges you to WRITE your life!!
A great 30 minute career video for kids.