Encouraging Eddie - Leadership
Encouraging Eddie is the fifth of the stories from Powerful You (grades 2-adult). Eddie encourages leadership and teamwork skills to work effectively in diverse teams (ASCA Behavior - Social Skills Standard 7). Eddie also fosters a positive attitude toward work and learning (ASCA Mindset 6).
· “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” – Maya Angelou
· “If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.” – John Quincy Adams
· “No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it.” – Andrew Carnegie
· “The leaders who work most effectively, it seems to me, never say “I”. They don’t think “I.” They think “we”; they think “team.” – Peter Drucker
· “I never thought in terms of being a leader. I thought very simply in terms of helping people.” – John Hume
· Leaders aren’t born they are made. And they are made just like anything else, through hard work. And that’s the price we’ll have to pay to achieve that goal, or any goal. – Vince Lombardi
· “Leadership is action, not position.” – Donald H. McGannon
· “The greatest leader is not necessarily the one who does the greatest things. He is the one that gets the people to do the greatest things.” – Ronald Reagan
· “He who cannot be a good follower cannot be a good leader.” – Aristotle
Powerful You Intermediate Instructions
20-25 minutes per week for each of the 26 social skills lessons
2. Read the true short story from the 8.5 x 11 Powerful You Educator Cards and watch connection radiate in your class.
3. Stand tall and practice positive self-talk.
5. Display the Classroom Social Skills Sign. Leave a classroom footprint of emotional wellness.
6. Use the Powerful You Book for positive quotes and additional activities that correspond to each A-Z lesson. Add your ideas to this resource book. You are more powerful than you know!
7. Purchase The Powerful You Educator Kit . (Includes all resources for grades 3 and up)
8. See more resources below.
Eddie learned many of his encouraging tips from this book. He loves the color and brightness in every page!
The Little Engine never gave up!
Have you ever moved into a new neighborhood and had to make new friends? What is your recipe for a great friend?
BE THE LEADER THAT MAKES THE DIFFERENCE!
Excellent Reading Counts book for independent reading. (4th grade level)
Click here for some additional ideas on leadership at school.