Faking-It Fran - Self Confidence
Fran is the 6th story from the book Powerful You Intermediate for Grades 2-6. Through Fran's story, the use of the journaling questions and classroom exercises children will access new ways to build their self confidence. Faking It Fran applies self-motivation and self- direction to learning (ASCA Behavior - Learning Strategy Standard 4). Fran encourages self-confidence in ability to succeed (ASCA Mindset 2).
“When you undervalue what you do, the world will undervalue who you are.” Oprah
“When you say, ‘I’m amazing,’ you might feel like you are bragging or being stuck up. But bragging is saying, ‘I’m better than you.’ Brooke Castillo
Mind chatter & self hate gets you no-where!
Apples taught me that there is a star within each of us.
Self-Confident people have positive thoughts about themself.
Video: Faking it Fran’s lesson on self-confidence
Powerful You Instructions
20-25 minutes per week for each of the 26 social skills lessons
2. Read the true short story from the 8.5 x 11 Powerful You Educator Cards and watch connection radiate in your class.
3. Stand tall and practice positive self-talk.
5. Display the Classroom Social Skills Sign. Leave a classroom footprint of emotional wellness.
6. Use the Powerful You Book for positive quotes and additional activities that correspond to each A-Z lesson. Add your ideas to this resource book. You are more powerful than you know!
7. Purchase The Powerful You Educator Kit . (Includes all resources for grades 3 and up)
8. See more resources below.
Powerful You Educator Resources
Additional Resources for Educators
You have what you need inside! Believe in yourself and you can do hard things!
Faking it Fran likes to start her day like this.