Grateful Gretta - Gratitude (Foster Care)
Grateful Gretta is the seventh of the stories from Powerful You (grades 2-adult). Gretta demonstrates ability to delay immediate gratification for long-term rewards (ASCA Behavior - Self-Management Skill Standard 4). Gretta also encourages the development of whole self, including a healthy balance of mental, social/emotional and physical well-being (ASCA Mindset 1).
Powerful You Intermediate Instructions
20-25 minutes per week for each of the 26 social skills lessons
2. Read the true short story from the 8.5 x 11 Powerful You Educator Cards and watch connection radiate in your class.
3. Stand tall and practice positive self-talk.
5. Display the Classroom Social Skills Sign. Leave a classroom footprint of emotional wellness.
6. Use the Powerful You Book for positive quotes and additional activities that correspond to each A-Z lesson. Add your ideas to this resource book. You are more powerful than you know!
7. Purchase The Powerful You Educator Kit . (Includes all resources for grades 3 and up)
8. See more resources below.
Excellent Reading Counts book for independent reading. (4th grade level)