Home-Organizer Hal - Organization
Home Organizer Hal is the eighth of the stories from Powerful You (grades 2-adult). Hal encourages time-management, organizational and study skills (ASCA Behavior - Learning Strategy Skill Standard 3). Hal also fosters high standards of quality (ASCA - Learning Strategy 6).
Tidy desk = Tidy mind. | Tidy book bag = Tidy mind. | Tidy bedroom = Tidy mind
Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it is not all mixed up. - A. A. Milne
Good order is the foundation of all things. -Edmund Burke
Clutter is not just physical stuff, it’s old ideas, toxic relationships, and bad habits. Clutter is anything that does not support your better self. -Eleanor Brown
Clutter is not only the stuff on your floor, but what gets in the way of you and the life you want to be living. -Peter Walsh
You can’t reach for anything new if your hands are still full of yesterdays junk. -Louise Smith
A year from now you may with you had started today. -Karen Lamb
A good system shorten the road to the goal. -Orison Swett Marden
For every minute spent in organizing, an hour is earned. - Benjamin Franklin
It takes as much energy to wish as it does to plan. Eleanor Roosevelt
Video: Home Organizer Hal’s video on organization
Powerful You Intermediate Instructions
20-25 minutes per week for each of the 26 social skills lessons
2. Read the true short story from the 8.5 x 11 Powerful You Educator Cards and watch connection radiate in your class.
3. Stand tall and practice positive self-talk.
5. Display the Classroom Social Skills Sign. Leave a classroom footprint of emotional wellness.
6. Use the Powerful You Book for positive quotes and additional activities that correspond to each A-Z lesson. Add your ideas to this resource book. You are more powerful than you know!
7. Purchase The Powerful You Educator Kit . (Includes all resources for grades 3 and up)