Inspiring Izzie - Passion and Friendship
Inspiring Izzie is the seventh of the stories from Powerful You (grades 2-adult). Izzie encourages positive and supportive relationships with other student and adults (ASCA Behavior - Social Skills Standard 2 & 3). Izzie also fosters long- and short-term academic, career and social/emotional goals (ASCA Behavior - Learning Strategy 7 & Mindset 4)
Powerful You Intermediate Instructions
20-25 minutes per week for each of the 26 social skills lessons
2. Read the true short story from the 8.5 x 11 Powerful You Educator Cards and watch connection radiate in your class.
3. Stand tall and practice positive self-talk.
5. Display the Classroom Social Skills Sign. Leave a classroom footprint of emotional wellness.
6. Use the Powerful You Book for positive quotes and additional activities that correspond to each A-Z lesson. Add your ideas to this resource book. You are more powerful than you know!
7. Purchase The Powerful You Educator Kit . (Includes all resources for grades 3 and up)
8. See more resources below.
Have you ever felt left out because you don't fit in? Have you ever picked on someone because they are different? This story will point out the similarities and differences in others. It is ok to be yourself and think for yourself. Don't be afraid to show off what you've got. Be an inspiring leader, instead of a follower. Be true to yourself and you will be successful.