Direct Dalia - Gossip
Direct Daiia is the fourth of the stories from Powerful You (grades 2-adult). Dalia encourages advocacy skills and ability to assert self, when necessary (ASCA Behavior - Social Skillsl Standards 8 & 9). Anna also fosters Self-confidence in ability to succeed (ASCA Mindset 2).
Powerful You Intermediate Instructions
20-25 minutes per week for each of the 26 social skills lessons
2. Read the true short story from the 8.5 x 11 Powerful You Educator Cards and watch connection radiate in your class.
3. Stand tall and practice positive self-talk.
5. Display the Classroom Social Skills Sign. Leave a classroom footprint of emotional wellness.
6. Use the Powerful You Book for positive quotes and additional activities that correspond to each A-Z lesson. Add your ideas to this resource book. You are more powerful than you know!
7. Purchase The Powerful You Educator Kit . (Includes all resources for grades 3 and up)
8. See more resources below.
Girls will learn to develop healthy relationships, enhance their communication skills and discover that they can make a positive difference in the world.
This story will help children see the value in giving a compliment instead of gossiping. Children can practice giving oral compliments by saying the person's name, the behavior they appreciate and how it affected them.