WHY Powerful You?
More grabbing and going - Less planning
More opening up- Less withdrawing
More coping strategies – Less acting out
More energy – Less coffee
More positivity – Less complaining
More focus – Less distractions
More breathing – Less stress
more connection and communication – Less guilt
more movement - Less boredom
more self-awareness – Less discipline problems
More presence – Less anxiety and regret
HOW Do You Use It?
1. First, breathe and stretch with the children. This gives children (and yourself) deep breathing practice and allows movement before the Powerful You lesson (5 min).
2. Read the story from the educator card and watch connection when children see each picture. Meet the Powerful You kids here (5 min).
3. Stand tall and practice the positive self-talk aloud. Then teach each them so say it quietly in their head (5 min).
4. Allow children to turn and talk time with each journaling question (10 min).
5. Display and review the classroom social skills sign (5 min).
6. Add your own style. You are more powerful than you know!
WHEN Do You Use Powerful You?
Share one 30 minute lesson each week (26 lessons included for primary and 26 for intermediate). Review as needed.
WHO uses Powerful You?
Powerful You is being used around the nation by school counselors, classroom teachers, administrators and families.
3 Reasons to Choose Powerful You
A relationship builder that provides 26 proactive classrooms lessons to reduce discipline issues in the classroom in just 30 minutes per week.
A team-building tool that allows kids to interact with classmates and share what is happening in their personal lives.
An affordable proactive program that integrates movement with emotional wellness.
Helpful Educator Tips
Powerful You follows The ASCA Mindsets & Behaviors for Student Success: K-12 College- and Career-Readiness Standards for Every Student.
Sample Annual Calendar- Get organized by creating an annual calendar with your monthly themes.
Powerful You Brochure - This printable brochure explains all the steps for Powerful You.
Just Breathe Video