Stand-Up Stella - Standing up for Yourself & Others
Stand Up Stella is the nineteenth of the stories from Powerful You (grades 2-adult). Stella encourages the ability to assume responsibility (ASCA Behavior - Self-Management Skill Standard 1). Anna also self-confidence in ability to succeed (ASCA Mindset 2).
“When another person makes you suffer, it is because he suffers deeply within himself, and his suffering is spilling over. He does not need punishment; he needs help. That’s the message he is sending.” ~ Thich Nhat Hanh
Stand Up Stella’s video on bullying
Powerful You Intermediate Instructions
20-25 minutes per week for each of the 26 social skills lessons
2. Read the true short story from the 8.5 x 11 Powerful You Educator Cards and watch connection radiate in your class.
3. Stand tall and practice positive self-talk.
5. Display the Classroom Social Skills Sign. Leave a classroom footprint of emotional wellness.
6. Use the Powerful You Book for positive quotes and additional activities that correspond to each A-Z lesson. Add your ideas to this resource book. You are more powerful than you know!
7. Purchase The Powerful You Educator Kit . (Includes all resources for grades 3 and up)