Stand-Up Stella - Standing up for Yourself & Others
Stand Up Stella is the nineteenth of the stories from Powerful You (grades 2-adult). Stella encourages the ability to assume responsibility (ASCA Behavior - Self-Management Skill Standard 1). Anna also self-confidence in ability to succeed (ASCA Mindset 2).
Powerful You Intermediate Instructions
20-25 minutes per week for each of the 26 social skills lessons
2. Read the true short story from the 8.5 x 11 Powerful You Educator Cards and watch connection radiate in your class.
3. Stand tall and practice positive self-talk.
5. Display the Classroom Social Skills Sign. Leave a classroom footprint of emotional wellness.
6. Use the Powerful You Book for positive quotes and additional activities that correspond to each A-Z lesson. Add your ideas to this resource book. You are more powerful than you know!
7. Purchase The Powerful You Educator Kit . (Includes all resources for grades 3 and up)
8. See more resources below.
Stand Up Stella loves to ROCK it out to this song! I am the boss of my body!
“When another person makes you suffer, it is because he suffers deeply within himself, and his suffering is spilling over. He does not need punishment; he needs help. That’s the message he is sending.” ~ Thich Nhat Hanh
Grades K & 1 - What is a conflict.
Middle school video - Standing up for others.
K-1 Video on Bullying.
How to tell the difference between bullying and a conflict.
Will you be the ONE that stands up for others?
Stella loved it when Lizzie Sider came to our school and taught about bullying! Thank you Lizzie!