Quieting Quin - Managing Emotions
Quieting Quin is the eighteenth of the stories from Powerful You (grades 2-adult). Quit teaches children effective coping skills when faced with a problem (ASCA Behavior - Self-Management Skill Standard 7). Anna also fosters a positive attitude toward work and learning (ASCA Mindset 6).
“Within you there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat any time.” Hermann Hesse
“The answers you seek never come when the mind is busy, they come when the mind is still.” Leon Brown
“The body benefits from movement, and the mind benefits from stillness.” Sakyong Mipham
“Inner stillness is the key to outer strength.” Jared Brock
“Find a moment of stillness, give yourheart a chance to tell you where you really need to be.” Dodinsky
Video: Quieting Quin’s video on managing emotions
Powerful You Instructions
20-25 minutes per week for each of the 26 social skills lessons
2. Read the true short story from the 8.5 x 11 Powerful You Educator Cards and watch connection radiate in your class.
3. Stand tall and practice positive self-talk.
5. Display the Classroom Social Skills Sign. Leave a classroom footprint of emotional wellness.
6. Use the Powerful You Book for positive quotes and additional activities that correspond to each A-Z lesson. Add your ideas to this resource book. You are more powerful than you know!
7. Purchase The Powerful You Educator Kit . (Includes all resources for grades 3 and up)
These toys helped Quin to quiet herself.
Fidget bracelets allow you to calm down without anyone knowing you are stressed or anxious.