Quieting Quin - Managing Emotions
Quieting Quin is the eighteenth of the stories from Powerful You (grades 2-adult). Quit teaches children effective coping skills when faced with a problem (ASCA Behavior - Self-Management Skill Standard 7). Anna also fosters a positive attitude toward work and learning (ASCA Mindset 6).
Powerful You Intermediate Instructions
20-25 minutes per week for each of the 26 social skills lessons
2. Read the true short story from the 8.5 x 11 Powerful You Educator Cards and watch connection radiate in your class.
3. Stand tall and practice positive self-talk.
5. Display the Classroom Social Skills Sign. Leave a classroom footprint of emotional wellness.
6. Use the Powerful You Book for positive quotes and additional activities that correspond to each A-Z lesson. Add your ideas to this resource book. You are more powerful than you know!
7. Purchase The Powerful You Educator Kit . (Includes all resources for grades 3 and up)
8. See more resources below.
These toys helped Quin to quiet herself.
Have you ever looked at someone and decided you didn't want to be their friend before getting to know them? What types of judgments do you make about others? This sweet story will help you to remember the importance of discovering the core of others. There is always something good. This story will relax you along the way.!
Fidget bracelets allow you to calm down without anyone knowing you are stressed or anxious.